Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Lost and Found



I already posted this on facebook, but I just couldn't resist including it here too. If you've been reading these posts for a while, you may recall a pet caterpillar that was lost in my van two weeks ago (see PrairieTrailTomarLyon Park for details). Well, this morning, my children and I were just minding our own business, heading for Oak View Library to return a few overdue items, when I glanced in my rearview mirror and saw THIS


on the back windshield!!! I wasn't even certain, at first, that it was inside the van. I promise, I was as cautious as a woman with a butterfly in her van can be, as I pulled to the side of the road and confirmed that we had a live monarch butterfly inside our car. The kids were beside themselves and honestly, the most logical explanation is that our lost pet caterpillar became this found pet butterfly! I am quite certain that we would have noticed if a monarch butterfly had flown in through an open window or door as we climbed in the van. It was definitely a highlight of our day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment