Friday, June 10, 2011

Danny Dugan



Really, it's Dan Dugan Park, but for some reason, I've just always called it Danny Dugan. Ever since I was little, when I played my Kinder Kicks soccer games there, I've always thought of it as Danny Dugan.

I had hoped that this would be a two-park day. But between the weather, and my beyond tired children, one park was our limit (just ask Leah). She would tell you. The sand at this park was very uncooperative with little girls wanting to make sand castles with the new sand toys.


We also happened to show up during Supervised Playground. It's from 3-5pm on Fridays, for anyone who was wondering. This meant there were games available under the park shelter and at this particular location, SFPR employees leading some games on the field and TONS of school-age kids around. We also got to purchase some lester lace. I'm not really sure what possessed me to agree to this project. My child was frustrated by sand today and I thought it would be a good idea to teach her how to do lester lace? Did my years as the Craft Lady teach me nothing about how difficult it actually is to teach a child this deceptively simple-looking project? Well, I take that back. The project truly is simple, but it requires more finger strength and coordination that you would think. You will notice in our sign picture that Leah is not looking at the camera. She is making a desperate attempt to figure out the two loops and the over, under, over, under.


And here's poor Bo, making his own desperate attempt at the monkey bars. Sorry, buddy, you're in the same boat your sister was in yesterday. You're still my kid.



This park isn't far from Grandma Loulou's, so she made a quick stop down to see the kiddos. She hasn't seen them for a couple of days now, you know.


I'm not really sure what this thing is called, but it was the first one we've encountered and it was fascinating. I guess it was sort of a teeter totter, but not exactly. Either way, these guys loved sitting on the two ends while I would bend it in the middle and make them go up and down.


Like I said before, this park had tons of kids around. I don't know if it's always like that or if it was just because of the Supervised Playground time with leaders who were really involved and interactive. It was a great little neighborhood park. Probably not one that you'd make a special trip across town to visit, but it had everything you could need: port-a-potty, shelter with tables, drinking fountain, fun equipment, basketball court, soccer field, and a baseball diamond.

7 down, 70 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment