Monday, August 8, 2011

Marion Park and Sertoma Park


I'm so mad at myself. Is there a way to get this to post before my post about Nelson Park and Drake Springs Pool? It's going to drive me crazy that technically, these two visits happened before that one. Granted, they were the same day, but these two were in the morning. Oh well. Movin' on with life...

I worked overnight on Saturday, July 22nd, so Sunday morning, that husband of mine took all four kids and went to a couple of parks so I could sleep in. That makes this post pretty easy. I don't really have much to say at all. I've been to both of these parks before, so it doesn't really mess with the idea that I'm supposed to be going to all of them, but I can't really tell you much about this particular visit. Just enjoy the pictures, I guess.


Sertoma Park




Can you hear me?
Can you hear me now?





I don't think they did anything at the Outdoor Campus that day, but of course, you can't forget that the OC and the Butterfly House are at the same location. The Outdoor Campus is free and offers lots of classes during every season for all ages. You can go in and see their small animals and look around the museum area. It's a fun place. I've never been in the Butterfly House, but both Leah and Bo have gone there on field trips and think it's neat. I just can't bring myself to spend the money.


Marion Park





I bet there's a story behind this one, but I don't know it yet. I'll have to ask the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment