Sunday, November 27, 2011

Freezing Rain is NOT Snow!

I think we can. I think we can. We just keep chuggin' along and I think we're going to make it! And anyway, freezing rain isn't snow, right? All they're calling for in the forecast for this weekend is freezing rain and for our revised goal I simple said we'd visit all of the parks before the snow flies.

For Lion's Centennial, we just stopped for a picture. We've played at this park plenty of times before and time is of the essence. It was already 4:30, which meant we didn't have much daylight left and what if it really does snow soon?!



Spencer Park is a park that actually has a lot of memories for me. If you said "Spencer Park" to most of the people I went to high school with, they wouldn't know which park you were talking about until you described it as "the park behind 7-11." Never mind that the 7-11 has been Get 'n' Go for quite a few years now. Most of us who played soccer when we were small remember this place as our soccer fields. The last PE class that I took in high school included a sand volleyball unit where we would run to this park as our warm-up and then play sand volleyball for the rest of the period. Since I had it at the end of the day, we weren't even in that big of a rush to get back. Super fun! Sometime since my sophomore year of high school, though, the city has actually converted part of this park into an off-leash dog park. Not being a dog-lover myself, I don't have any particular affection for the dog park. But I know that people who have dogs that need room to run, love this place.

Lots of room to roam.

And if you're looking for a park where your child can improve their upper body strength, look no further than Spencer Park. Seriously. The equipment here has more climbing and hanging equipment than any other playground I can think of (that we've visited so far anyway).




Grandpa Ronnie and Grandma Lou Lou came to see us since this park isn't far from their house. In typical Leah fashion, their oldest granddaughter invited them to our house for supper. Not being particularly excited for fish nuggets and macaroni, Grandpa and Grandma suggested going out for pizza instead. : )

When I said, "Let's go take a picture by the sign," I meant by the one you see at the top of the post. Fletcher looked around and this was the first sign he saw. He was dead set on having his picture taken there before he'd move on to the other sign.




No comments:

Post a Comment