Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Granite Valley Park


101 degrees Fahrenheit + a wide open field + 4 picnic tables = nothing but a sign picture for Granite Valley Park. We were in the neighborhood to return a borrowed item to a friend and let's be honest, this park doesn't have much going for it yet, unless there's a good breeze for kite flying. Trust me, there was not a single air molecule moving last Sunday. This was enough park fun for me. Back to the air conditioning!!

Edited to add: Aaaahhh!!! This place isn't even on my original list of parks! I didn't even realize it until I went to put the date behind the park name on my list. So now I have 78 places I have to visit? Plus, my friend, Emily, told me there's a new sign up by the R.F. Pettigrew Elementary School playground. That makes 79! I was having enough trouble fitting 77 parks into one summer. Maybe we're going to have to revise this goal to say we'll get them all in before the first snow. I'd still be satisfied with that. We'll see what happens over these next few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment